Tuesday, May 24, 2011

U2 360 Tour & The NIkon P7000




U2 filled INVESCO; If that isn’t a statement of success I don’t know what is. Their crew of what was stated at 439 on the leader running on the giant LCD screen did an amazing job. Although I do think it looked a little like the mother ship coming to take over or something. Fitting for Rapture day. Ha-ha.
The lighting, LED lights and moving bridges they really did put on a good 360 tour as good as one should expect. I had behind the stage seating and it wasn’t terrible. The screen really was a great addition. I didn’t have to watch them in their inch tall statures from my position.




 The band moved through out the stage and engaged the audience from all points .The sound was fantastic. (Unlike when they played the Pepsi center a few years back)
Bono still has a voice that makes me crumble every time, and judging from the audience they felt the same. “City of blinding lights” was just that, they lit up.
The band looked fabulous and they still play balls to wall.  All I want is you” is still one and always will be a favorite. The band performed song from ”Vertigo” “Zooropa”, “All that you can’t leave behind”, “Pop” and more. Every time I hear “Sunday Bloody Sunday” I am thrown back in to Red Rocks and my teenage years.


Bono along with the other members thanked everyone for waiting so patiently to see them. The night came to an end with “ With or Without you” and “Moment of Surrender” Phones waving in the air the night was truly amazing. It was a production. I can’t wait to see what comes next from U2. While I haven’t liked every song they have produced, they will always remain my all time favorite band.


Nikon P7000

I was apprehensive about buying this camera $499.00 and up.I have tried many point and shoot cameras and most have failed with the ISO and Low light promise. The Nikon P7000 did an amazing job. I had mid way nose bleed seating at The U2 360 Tour at INVESCO Field ,Denver .  The photos are crisp and clear even fully zoomed out.  The color is fabulous.

This is not a camera for beginners . It has  the functions of a SLR and while it does have preset scene mode it is still a complicated camera for the novice.
The buttons and dials are a little close together but all and all the lcd size and the rugged feel makes this my choice when I don't feel like lugging  around the beast camera my Nikon D700 and all of its lenses.
I love this little camera.

The HD video is also fantastic.
 I will have more to say later more pictures to take and video to test.


About Me

My photo
Denver and surrounding areas, CO, United States
Sheila Broderick is a freelance professional photographer specializing in portraiture and live music photography. Sheila began her journey into professional photography eight years ago. She has since taken Colorado by storm. Known for her professionalism and eye for details. Sheila is reliable and knows how to capture what the client wants. Sheila has had photos published in numerous Colorado magazines. Sheila believes education is key and consistently keeps up to date on new techniques, software and the latest trends from Senior portraits ideas to the band photos that stand out among the rest. " A loud chaotic show is just amazing! Capturing the emotion in people makes it all worth it." For rates and availability go to the contact link above or call (720) 250-8698

Whats Happening



Social Distortion 12/04/2011 @The Ogden Theater